Naomi Mei Tinling born April 14, 2009
8 lbs 4 oz 19 1/2 inche
I know that most of you just want to see pictures, so I put them in first. For those of you who want a synopsis of the labor and delivery, that is included at the end of the post.
The Labor and Delivery Story
I woke up around 1:45 am to a contraction I couldn't sleep through. I was too excited to try to sleep through any others, so I laid there until 2:00 watching to see if this was for real. The contractions were steady and coming about 7 minutes apart. I got up to get water, eat food, and clean the kitchen. I knew that this was it, and we didn't have much time to waste at home because the hospital was 45 minutes away. I woke Tyler at 2:2o, woke my mom, called the babysitter we had arranged to come in the middle of the night, and called my friend Tami (who was to be our doula and ride). We all left the house around 3:00, and after returning home for a few forgotten items, made it to the hospital at 4:00. Tami drove her 15 passenger van while I labored on the front bench with Tyler's help. When we arrived, I sat up to exit the van and was in some serious pain as everything finally had a chance to drop into place with the help of gravity. The nurse checked us in, I put on that beautiful gown, and a few contractions later she checked me. I was already 9 cm! I was secretly hoping I would be so we wouldn't have to spend all morning laboring in the hospital. After assessing that my water might break any moment, they rushed me up to a labor and delivery room. It was only another 15 minutes before the "overwhelming" pushing contractions began. Everyone rushed in, broke my water, and helped me push the baby out. I had her at 4:49 am on Tuesday April 14, 2009. She came right on her due date. She was 8 bls 4 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was perfect and beautiful!
I was planning from the begining to have this baby with no pain medication. It was truly an amazing experience! I am glad to have had my first two with epidurals, but I won't ever go back. For anyone who wants a more graphic or detailed version, please call me and we can chat. I do enjoy telling about my experience, and apparently it is therapidic to do so.
I was planning from the begining to have this baby with no pain medication. It was truly an amazing experience! I am glad to have had my first two with epidurals, but I won't ever go back. For anyone who wants a more graphic or detailed version, please call me and we can chat. I do enjoy telling about my experience, and apparently it is therapidic to do so.

10 comments:
Good Job Boo! I've been thinking about you guys so I'm super glad to see your update. What a cute baby!
Hey, Boo. Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats! We are due to have our third in August and I am not sure I want to go without pain meds again! Thanks for the inspiration! We hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your new baby!! - Crandalls
way to go! Congratulations on the new baby.
Way to go Boo!! I couldn't agree with you more. I wasn't totally hard core like you and I did have one dose of fentanyl, but it really was an awesome experience. I'd love to compare notes sometime. Too bad we don't live closer together. Anyways, best of luck with the new baby! My parents have said that the hardest transition was from 2 kids to 3 kids because they had to switch from man-to-man to zone defense :)
She is adorable!! and you are SUPER WOMAN!!! I can't believe you did it without pain meds, I'll go ahead and get my "wimp" tatoo... but I will wear it proudly... Congrats you guys!!!!
Yay! I'm so happy Naomi is finally here! She's adorable! I can't wait to see her in person!
Congrats you guys--little Naomi is beautiful and I absolutely love the name.
Congratulations! I love you! You are so amazing! She is beautiful and so are the rest of you!
CONGRATS!! I'm so glad that I found your blog! Send me your email and I will send you an invite to ours! shannondowney@hotmail.com
Good job Boo!
Hey Boo,
Congrats, this is Courtney Stutznegger (married to Conrad) I don't know if you remember me...just ran into your blog....congrats on the beautiful baby!
Post a Comment