Wednesday, December 10, 2008

November Happenings

We started the month off with a trip to San Diego. I took the kids and we left Tyler to go and visit his parents for a few days. It was great. I'll add pics after I get them from Terry.

Tyler went on his first hunting trip. He is pretty excited to tell about it. so I will leave it to him.So this is a photo of me on my way to Nebraska for my first ever hunting trip. Please notice a few things that I am proud of. First, the bent in side view "mirror" with no actual mirror. That mirror has been left in a snow bank on the side of I-25 a little past Cheyenne so if anyone is up that way and sees it I still haven't replaced it so give me a call and send it my way. I'm proud of that because I'm still alive after sliding off the road and the Montero came out of it with a few scratches, nothing more. Even when we get a minivan (which we're looking for currently) you better believe the Montero will remain a part of this family til she can't give no more. Anyone who's ever ridden in Monty knows what I'm talking about. Notice also the fantastic hunting breard I am sporting. Worked on that baby for a couple of weeks before leaving, it was the longest it's ever been and it kept me warm during the cold hunt. OK, that part's a lie but it was pretty sweet. Finally, I am proud of how my nose hooks down and my chin hooks up. It's awesome. I didn't really work on that but it is quite sweet. As far as the hunt goes, it was a success. If you are sensitive about hunting this would be the time to stop reading. My buddy and I bagged three deer altogether. He got a buck and a doe and I got a button buck that I thought was a doe. From the reactions I've gotten from folks that actually hunt I guess it's pretty good that we both scored on our first time out. I learned a ton on this first hunt and I will certainly go again. I have to to make the huge up front investment worth it cuz I'll tell you what, the meat I brought home was some of the most expensive we've ever had if you think about how much I spent on everything from rifle to scent blocker to long johns. So if anyone reads this and needs someone to go on their next hunt with or wants to plan a hunt with yours truly, I'm all ears, I gotta justify the initial cash outlay. All in all, it was a great time and I'm totally grateful to my hunting buddy and great friend Kamron for making it a reality. We got the bug the first time we heard an elk bugle in Rocky Mountain National Park and we followed it through to fruition. It all ended with two worn out almost thirty year olds cutting up meat in his garage but I think it got me hooked for a lifetime.

Amy and her boys came to visit us for a week. it was so fun to have them here. We did many fun things. We spent a day in Colorado Springs. We went to a place called Garden of the Gods for a pic-nick and some hiking.Morgan and Bubba looking cute.
We had a really large crew as we hiked around. Most of the boys were bored until they saw the area where we were able to do some bouldering.Caleb had fun climbing, but mostly he was obsessed with this stick.
Morgan and Caleb are old enough to do some bouldering of their own. They don't get very high, but I can have comfort knowing that they are capable of jumping off of whatever height they are able to climb too. That means that they probably won't die if they fall.The following week after Amy left, Grandpa Randy and Grandma Suzie came to visit. They stayed for Thanksgiving and then left before the big snow storm.

While the G-parents were here the kids were happy to show off all of their new tricks. In this video G-Pa Randy is turning her into a beautiful butterfly.

This is just one example of some of the fun activities we do with our kids for Family Home Evening.

4 comments:

pam said...

Ah, we miss you guys! The pics are great. I can't believe how much the kids have changed. They are adorable!!!

mattyanddeidre said...

Morgan and Caleb are all grown up I can't believe it. They are so cute! We miss you guys so much. How about moving right below us, that sounds pretty good!

The Johnsons said...

Holy huge kids... they're all grown up!!! That last video had Eric and I rolling... We miss you guys!!

Erica said...

HA, I found you!!! Now I can keep track of you and your little family!! How have you guys been?

Tinling Family Photo

Tinling Family Photo
The most up to date of Boo Morgan Tyler Caleb