Last week we took a long road trip up to San Fransico. Amy and Alex Johnson were kind enough to host our family for the week. We had a quick stop in Pasadena on Monday to see some old friends and to have a slice of sausage and peperoni pizza from Sierra Madre Pizza Co.
Tuesday we made the long trip up the 5 to San Fran. I am sure that the trip seemed even longer to Alex who was riding his new sweet, but not-so-broken-in, street bike that he got himself for graduation.
Wednesday we spent the day on the BART and the trolley and the cable car and our tired legs exploring the sites of downtown. Most of our time was dedicated to the Embarcadero area. We ate lunch at Delancy Street (anyone who has ever read "Influencer" will appreciate that), unloaded our wallets at Fisherman's warf, and watched the kids enjoy seeing the seals in the harbor.
Thursday we made sure to cross as many toll bridges as possible to get to our destination, Muir Wood State Park. After crossing the Golden Gate you travel North West another 15 minutes or so and you will find a small patch of humongus Redwood Trees over-run with boarded walkways, "stay on trail" signs, and smelly Europeans. The trees were sure nice, though! That night we drove to a little place called Pismo Beach and stayed in a fancy Motel 6.
Friday was spent liesurely driving down the Coast Freeway. We stopped in a few little towns and enjoyed the landscape. How fantastic is Malibu? Holy Moley!!!
I will say that I think we are using our limbo time very wisely. No way we will ever have another time in life when we have no obligations other than making sure our family eats, drinks, and sleeps! Let the good times roll, baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tinling Family Photo
The most up to date of Boo Morgan Tyler Caleb

8 comments:
So, the shot of the trees, looking up, is sweet! I really like it a lot!!!
Hey there! Fun post! You are totally on the ball to already have that written, I need to get to it! That was so fun to have you guys, and especially fun for Max and Morgan to play together. It sounds like you guys are recovering from the long drive and doing well. Have a great week!
Amy
Is that facial growth or a second chin? Nice Transformers shirt though guy...
Hey guys! I discovered your blog through Pam's...I wish we would have known about your CA adventure--we were just up in San Fran, and we live relatively close to the Salton Sea! Anyway, good to see you and read about what you're up to. We're going back to BYU this fall for an MBA!
(we're in the Palm Springs area) (and I totally agree about the Salton Sea being a big disappointment)
Man your kids are getting big fast!!! Your family is cute!! Isn't being a mom the best!!! I hope your new adventure in CO is great!! Miss ya!!
HEY! We didn't know you had a blog! How are you guys doing? Colorado, eh? our blog is jlmcgregor@blogspot.com
Someone needs to update their blog!!! How are you guys doing?? I need to see pictures of kids!
Post a Comment